Monday, August 31, 2009

The Lovely Bones Part 2

I'm half way through The Lovely Bones, and for me, I get so frustrated reading it. I'll read a chapter or so, and I have to put it away because it's just too much for me. Very overwhelming. So far everyone is just trying to deal with being the sister of the girl who was murdered, being the dad who just won't stop, and the mom who can't stand to be in her own skin anymore. I have been lucky enough to havn't had to go through a situation like this, or to know anyone else who has had to. I feel like the family and friends haven't had a good closure to anything. The writer's tone is frustration and loneliness. She is very visual and emotional. I can feel the grief the dad has for his murdered daughter. I can feel the daughter's frustration with her murderer running around and interacting with her family. I want to know how everything is going to work out. How will the family move on? Will Susie move on? Will he strike again?

6 comments:

rmasseyohs said...

This is a very graphic and emotionally tense book. I can't imagine anyone going through a situation like this; it would be a disaster. I would feel bad for the family of the girl. Having read this book before, I know how tragic and intense it is, but I'm really glad you read this, Kinsey. It's a great book to learn from.

justineb said...

It sounds like a very moving book.. I've heard about it in France, I've always wanted to read it, but i am not sure I could handle it... Indeed, it is a very difficult situation, just as you said.. Put up with all of these emotions at the same time seem to be very tough.. But it just can make you a better person I guess. I will definitely read it! And try to not tell too much about the actual story in your posts I don't want to know what's happening before i read it! =D

Cassie Sayers said...

I'm with Reece on this one. This book sounds very graphic and emotionally hard to read and think about. Sounds like this book is very descriptive. Being able to feel what they feel just by reading. Insane.

Amanda McKinney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

Wow, this book sounds really intense. I can understand why you might have a problem reading through it. I'm not sure how I would react to someone in my family being murdered.

Amanda McKinney said...

I understand this book as you put it. Cause my mom and dad doesn’t like being in the own skin but it’s not for the same reason as in the book. If I wrote a book about my life or someone else’s life I’d get really frustrated and angry all the time because it wouldn’t be the way I wanted too.